Donor Supporters

Jessie Ong

Alhambra Source provides objective and important news reporting for our community.

Efren Moreno, Former Alhambra Mayor

Thank you Alhambra Source for truly informing the residents of Alhambra.

Jeff Maloney, Alhambra City Council Member

The Source has become an important source for news, public interest, and serious journalism in our community. Keep it up!

Sara Harris

As a career journalist and EJ advocate, I see community-based media like the Alhambra Source as crucial to democracy and equality.

Chris Olson

I support Alhambra Source as often as I can because I believe a free and independent press is vital to the democratic process. No other news outlet with high journalistic standards consistently covers the stories and issues that matter to our community.

Adele Andrade Stadler, Alhambra City Council Member

The Source is a great independent newspaper that celebrates the communities and is not afraid to ask the tough questions!

Cliff Bender, Vice President, Alhambra Education Foundation

I want to know what's going on in my community- News, events, and human interest stories. The Alhambra Source gives me the information I need.

Joyce & Oscar Amaro, Alhambra Preservation Group

We support Alhambra Source because this online news source is vitally important in engaging, informing and educating the residents of Alhambra.

Laura Vasquez

Alhambrans need to know the truth about our area!

Michael Lawrence, Alhambra Arts Commissioner

Keep bringing on the stories. The Source has given us so much and I am happy to donate to such an important part of our community.

Karsen Luthi

Thank you for creating Alhambra Source and providing timely reporting of important local news. Fight on!

Mr. Konnyaku

I support news reporting that is unbiased and informative. Really enjoy the excellent coverage on local city council and planning commission meetings.

Guadulesa Rivera

Alhambra Source unifies the community and keeps us involved.

Erwin Lee

Such a valuable source of what’s happening in city where we live. Objective reporting that informs us and allows us to come to our own conclusions.

What should you do if your partner hits you? / ¿Qué debe hacer si tu pareja te pega? / 我应该怎么做如果我的伴侣打我?

Español | 中國的

Alhambra Source and the Alhambra Police Department have launched an initiative to engage more minority residents in the community. As part of this new project, we re-launched our "Ask an Alhambra cop" column with Chief Mark Yokoyama. Got a question? Send it to [email protected]!

What should I do if my partner hits me?

If you are a victim of domestic violence, it is critical to get help immediately. Local police officers are often the first responders and can help you. Officers are obligated by law to investigate all cases of domestic violence and take appropriate enforcement actions, which most likely will include obtaining an Emergency Protective Order or Restraining Order for you against the abuser. The case will then be forwarded to your jurisdiction's district attorney's office for case review and filing.

Domestic violence is defined as abuse committed against members of the same family, a spouse or former spouse, a roommate or former roommate, a person with whom the offender has had a child, or someone who the offender is having or has had a dating or engagement relationship.

The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Victim-Witness Assistance Program can help you find the support you need if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse. It can be reached at (800) 380-3811. Additionally, the L.A. County Domestic Violence Hotline can help victims find a safe way out of their abusive environment, and can be reached at (800) 978-3600.

Check out our other “Ask a Cop” stories:Alhambra's biggest policing issueWhat should I do when I’m pulled over by the police?What should you do when you have an accident?What should I do if I find a bike?Who is responsible if a driver hits a pedestrian outside of a crosswalk?Is it illegal to only have one license plate?Do you always have to yield to an emergency vehicle?When should you call 911?Why is graffiti illegal in the U.S.?What happens when an international tourist is caught illegally crossing the street?Do you have to be a police officer to become a forensic scientist?

Alhambra Source y la Policía de Alhambra están empezando una iniciativa para involucrar a más residentes de la minoría en la comunidad. Como parte de este nuevo proyecto, estamos relanzando nuestro "Pregunte a un cop Alhambra" columna con el Jefe de Policía Mark Yokoyama. ¿Tienes una pregunta? Enviar por debajo o enviarlo a [email protected]!

¿Qué debo hacer si mi pareja me pega?

Si eres víctima de violencia doméstica, es de importancia crítica que obtengas ayuda de inmediato.  La policía local usualmente es quien responde primero y podrá ayudarte.  Los oficiales están obligados, por ley, a investigar todos casos de violencia doméstica y tomar las debidas precauciones que frecuentemente incluirán el obtener una Orden Emergencia de Protección / Orden de Restricción para ti, contra el abusador.  El caso será mandado a la oficina fiscal de la procuraduría general en tu jurisdicción para ser revisado y archivado.   

Violencia doméstica es definida como abuso cometido contra miembros de la misma familia, un cónyuge o ex cónyuge, un compañero (presente o pasado) de habitación, una persona con quien el transgresor ha tenido un hijo, o alguien con quien el transgresor tiene o ha tenido una relación.   

El Programa Victima/Testigo de la oficina fiscal de la procuraduría general de Los Angeles le puede ayudar a encontrar el apoyo que necesita si usted o alguien que usted conoce es víctima de violencia doméstica.  Llame al (800) 380-3811.  Adicionalmente, la Línea Directa de Violencia Domestica del Condado de Los Angeles puede ayudar a las víctimas a encontrar el modo seguro para salir de su medio ambiente abusivo llamando al (800) 978-3600.

Ve nuestros otros artículos sobre “Pregunta a un Policía”:El mayor problema policial en Alhambra¿Qué debo hacer cuando me para la policía? ¿Qué es lo que hay que hacer si se ve involucrado en un accidente?¿Qué debo hacer si encuentro una bicicleta?¿Quién es responsable si un chofer atropella a un peatón fuera del crucero de peatones?¿Es ilegal tener solo una placa en su vehículo?¿Es necesario siempre hacerse a un lado cuando se aproxima un vehículo de emergencia?¿Cuándo se debe llamar 911?¿Porque es ilegal el grafiti en los E.U.?¿Qué pasa cuando se detiene a un turista cruzando la calle ilegalmente?¿Necesitas ser policía para llegar a ser científico forense? 

阿市新闻和阿市警察局将合作来更好的为社区的少数族裔居民服务。做为新项目的一部分,我们将启动一个“咨询阿市警察”专栏,由警察局长Mark Yokoyama 来回答你的问题。请将你的问题发至:[email protected]。 谢谢 或在下面提交。


如果你是家庭暴力的受害者,立即取得帮助是至关重要的。当地的警察是第一时间能够给予回应并帮助你的人。在法律之下,警察们有义务对家庭暴力进行调查并且采取适当执法行动,一般为获得紧急保护令/对施虐者的禁止令。然后,案件会转送到管辖的地方检察官进行审查。家庭暴力(domestic violence),是指家庭成员间实施身体或精神上的伤害行为,往往由于现实之亲属关系与利益的约束而出现一定程度的隐蔽性。


如果你或者你认识的人是家庭暴力的受害者,洛杉矶Victim-Witness Assistance Program能让你找到帮助。可以拨打电话至(800)380-3811。此外,洛杉矶家庭暴力热线也能帮助受害者安全的脱离施暴环境,拨打电话至(800)978-3600。

请查阅我们其他的“问警察”的系列文章:最大的問題在阿罕布拉警方当被警察拦下后我该怎么做?當發生交通事故的時候人們應該怎麼做?如果我发现一辆自行车,该怎么办? 如果过马路的时候,行人在没有遵守红绿灯或人行道的情况下被撞,这将是谁的责任?车上只挂一个车牌是非法的吗?你是否总需要为紧急车辆靠边停车?你什麼時候應該撥打911?为什么涂鸦在美国是非法的?警察会如何处理违规过马路的游客?你必须是一名警察,成为一名法医科学家?

The Alhambra Source encourages comment on our stories. However, we do not vet comments for accuracy or endorse links to posts in the comment section. The thoughts and opinions expressed belong solely to the author of the comment.

Leave a Reply