Alhambra was one of the cities hardest hit by Wednesday's wind storm. A roundup of the damage:
- 150 city owned trees were destroyed (not located in parks or golf courses).
- 300 trees sustained various types of damage such as fallen branches and leaning. Half will need to be removed.
- 38 traffic signals were out, but were restored by the end of business Friday except for one on Freemont Avenue and Alhambra Road that was operational on Saturday morning.
- Workers for the city filled 30 construction dumpsters with debris.
- 11,000 residents lost power. As of 2 p.m. Monday, 75 Alhambra residences still lacked power. By the end of the evening power should be restored to virtually all local households, according to Southern California Edison. In Los Angeles there are still more than 24,000 residents without power.
Sources: City of Alhambra and Southern California Edison