West San Gabriel Valley news from Alhambra, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Monterey Park, South Pasadena, and Pasadena:
- Pasadena man shot by police files $500,000 claim against city (Pasadena Star-News)
- Gold Line trains in Pasadena running on adjusted schedule while power pole demolished in crash is repaired (Pasadena Star-News)
- Red Flag parking restrictions set for Wednesday in Pasadena (KABC)
- Pasadena City College's commencement speaker fiasco re-ignites (Los Angeles Times)
- San Gabriel High School's Matador newspaper places second in NSPA/JEA best of show (The Matador)
- Non-profit made up of South Pas dads presents $30,000 check for school playground beautification project (Pasadena Now)
Independent journalism is a bedrock of democracy--and it's in crisis. Here at the Alhambra Source, we're committed to covering the local stories that matter most to you. We don’t have advertisers and we don’t have pay walls, but we do have bills. You read to the end of this story. That's great. But this kind of journalism will end without public support. Join us! Support the work and the democratic values it serves. Donate now!