An open call to the community:
In this era of changing stay-at-home orders, remote learning and social distancing, we all could be feeling some isolation from our friends and families. This project is an effort to strengthen the connections we have already established and create new ones in our community.
The Alhambra Source is calling for community submissions about what you’re doing right now.
The state and county are slowly lifting the stay-at-home orders, but the kind of life we had before COVID-19 isn’t on the horizon for quite some time. There will be a “new normal” for the foreseeable future.
We are all in the same COVID-19 pandemic, but each person’s experience is different:
- Do you own a business? Are you an essential worker? Out of work? A teacher? A student?
- Were you tested for COVID-19? Sick or taking care of a sick person? A nurse of doctor?
- Are you cleaning your house? Body? Mind? Any discoveries or revelations?
- Are you baking? Making art? Cooking with family?
- What about your stress? Happiness? Grief?
Let’s share what we’re doing and build some digital connections during this quarantine and as we navigate moving through the world amid a pandemic. We can share culture, food, family and more through our digital quarantine connections, and make this new normal a bit more enjoyable.
STEP 1: Pick one question/story prompts below.
- How has isolation affected you, your family or your pets?
- When was the last time you left the house? For what purpose?
- What activities are you doing to pass the time? What is your favorite?
- How are you staying in touch with your friends, classmates or family?
- What did you take for granted before COVID-19? What made you realize it?
- How have you grown as a person since “Safer at Home” orders?
- What is something in your “new normal” routine that you didn’t do before COVID-19?
- Other; addresses another point about quarantine/”new normal” life from your perspective
STEP 2: Choose a format with which to tell your story.
- Video: 40-60 seconds (shot horizontally)
- Audio: 40-60 seconds + 1 horizontal or square photo for thumbnail needed
- Text: 200 words minimum + 1 horizontal photo for thumbnail needed
- Photography Essay: 4-6 horizontal photos + 2-5 sentence caption description for each
STEP 3: Submit! (Follow name and submission formatting on the Google Form before submitting)
Questions? Email [email protected]