The Alhambra Source is an exciting digital news organization that reports on the diverse ethnic communities in Alhambra and the San Gabriel Valley. As a nonprofit under the fiscal sponsorship of Community Partners, Alhambra Source reinvents local journalism and promotes civic engagement.
As Videographer, you will be responsible for creating informative and engaging news features for social media about events in and around Alhambra and the San Gabriel Valley. Our videos typically range from 2-4 minutes in length.
The successful candidate will be expected to release at least one social media video each week and will be paid per video. Depending on the content covered, you may be expected to perform the occasional reporter standup in front of the camera so you should be experienced and comfortable doing so.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (or in progress)
• 2 + years professional video production/editing experience
• Demonstrated ability to write video scripts and treatments
• Experience in news photography is expected, as is knowledge of California media law
• Strong social media skills
• Experience with producing videos for social media
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
• Must be reliable and dependable with the ability to think quickly and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in small, nimble teams and embrace constructive feedback
• Knowledge of the San Gabriel Valley preferred
• Bilingual capacity in Mandarin/English preferred
• Must be available to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
• Experience and comfort engaging with diverse communities
Please email cover letter, résume and link to video samples and/or reel to:
Miguel Drayton, Project Leader: [email protected]