Mission Fitness Center, a small gym with a powerhouse reputation, is moving from San Marino to a state-of-the-art 10,000 square-foot facility in Alhambra. To celebrate, they will throw a grand opening party and fitness festival on Saturday, May 5th from 1 to 4 pm, at the new location, 690 South Date Avenue, next to Carpet King, just south of the Alhambra Costco.
“The party will be an opportunity for members and the public to win prizes, meet fitness celebrities, talk to trainers, and eat lots of delicious food from Charlie’s Trio and the La Dona Taco Truck,” says Wendy Grace, who is Mission Fitness’ co-owner, along with her husband Chris Grace.
Celebrity guests include:
• Champion powerlifter Dan Green of the Boss Barbell Club in Mountain Side, CA, who will host a question and answer session;
• Elite USPA bencher Jamar Randolph of M Town MONSTA, who will lead a “bench party” with prizes – a competition for the most benching reps relative to body weight;
• Fitness model/body builder Rob Riches, who will sign copies of his new book, Ultra Lean Nutrition Manual.
• Liron Wilson, the “King of the Cage Fighters,” who will demonstrate boxing and Maui Thai.
There will be a hippety-hop relay race with medals for the winning teams. The relay will be held on the gym’s unique 30-yard indoor turf. Guests can enter a free raffle to win more prizes, including fitness coaching sessions; gift cards for local restaurants and vendors; and products like Stan Efferding drink coolers; Ivanko gym bags; supplements from NutriShop in Monterey Park and Get Yok’d in Pasadena; and much more.
The new facility is a “hybrid” gym that, Wendy notes, has “something for everyone.” “There will be open areas with a variety of toys that members can use. It will be a fun environment. This is the wave of the future – exercise is freestyle, focusing on functional fitness.”
Special facilities and equipment include:
• Ropes and ladders to climb
• Strongman equipment, like sleds and prowlers to push and pull, and tires to flip,
• A 10-man squat rig,
• Deadlifting and weightlifting platforms,
• A competition stage area for powerlifting competitions, which will also be available for athletes to rent for mock meets,
• A 1400-square foot mezzanine with areas for stretching, cardio machines, and three types of boxing bags,
• Luxurious showers, restrooms, and filtered drinking fountain.
In its six years in San Marino, Mission Fitness earned a reputation as a place where a wide range of clientele work out. The same will be true in the new facility. “We welcome everyone, from beginners to elite athletes,” says Wendy.
For more information about the new Mission Fitness and the party, contact them at 626 799 0977, or [email protected] The event is free and reservations are not required. Find them online at missionfitnesscenter.com