Saturday and Sunday, April 25-26, 2020
Planned and coordinated by community volunteers, the Cherry Blossom Festival strives to provide a cultural arts event that offers a forum for learning, entertainment, fun, and support of community.
The 2020 Cherry Blossom Festival Committee and the City of Monterey Park are pleased to present the 23rd Annual Cherry Blossom Festival on April 25-26, 2020. Entry to the festival is free to the public.
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25 opening ceremonies: 12 p.m.
- Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754.
Take the time to see, hear, and taste a bit of the Japanese and Japanese American culture through a first-hand experience of watching traditional Japanese dancing, hearing the resounding beats of the taiko drums, observing the mastery and various skills of martial arts, participating in the ancient art of the tea ceremony, or buying hand-made crafts or food with an Asian flair. Other highlights of the festival include games and crafts for children, and numerous cultural displays.
- The helpful and extensive 2019 Cherry Blossom Program (PDF) brochure includes schedules, sponsors, festival map, special guest lists, performer biographies, exhibitors, booths, demonstrators and food court and craft vendors.
- Watch the Cherry Blossom Festival video on YouTube.
Vendors – 2020 Applications
The 2020 vendors applications are now available at the provided links below. If you have a question about becoming a vendor or would like to receive an application via email please contact the Vendor Chair .
The festival will feature an international array of food, including many authentic Japanese items. Local non-profit groups who wish to sponsor a food booth should contact the Food Vendor Chair .
To become a sponsor please click the following link Sponsor Brochure . Please click here for a list of previous sponsors and remember to thank them for continuing to support community events.
Watch this 2018 video on the Cherry Blossom Festival from MontParkTV.