fbpx

We Need You!

Make A Donation

Donor Supporters

Elba Alonso de Ortega

I’m a lifelong resident of Alhambra and having a local newspaper, like Alhambra Source, is very important to me. It’s the only way to know the issues that will directly affect my day to day, where I live. That’s why I decided to support Alhambra Source with a monthly donation.

Efren Moreno, Former Alhambra Mayor

Thank you Alhambra Source for truly informing the residents of Alhambra.

Jeff Maloney, Alhambra City Council Member

The Source has become an important source for news, public interest, and serious journalism in our community. Keep it up!

Chris Olson

I support Alhambra Source as often as I can because I believe a free and independent press is vital to the democratic process. No other news outlet with high journalistic standards consistently covers the stories and issues that matter to our community.

Adele Andrade Stadler, Alhambra Mayor

The Source is a great independent newspaper that celebrates the communities and is not afraid to ask the tough questions!

Cliff Bender, Vice President, Alhambra Education Foundation

Alhambra Source is the ONLY independent news source covering the events, culture and government of our city. We need it to stay informed and aware!

Joyce & Oscar Amaro, Alhambra Preservation Group

We support Alhambra Source because this online news source is vitally important in engaging, informing and educating the residents of Alhambra.

Jose Aguayo

I support the Alhambra Source because journalism will always be part of that fourth branch of our democracy. The Alhambra Source provides me with news that helps me make informed decisions about issues that matter to me and my community. Thank you for the work you do.

Michael Lawrence, Alhambra Arts Commissioner

Keep bringing on the stories. The Source has given us so much and I am happy to donate to such an important part of our community.

Karsen Luthi

Thank you for creating Alhambra Source and providing timely reporting of important local news. Fight on!

Shirley Tatsuno

I support Alhambra Source for their detailed information about important Alhambra issues and compelling human-interest stories.

Tammie Leung

I support local news - it’s important to know what is happening in our communities.

Care for the Children granted permission to paint Alhambra curb numbers

Care For The Children, a non-profit organization dedicated to "providing food, clothing and shelter to less fortunate families across the United States, as well as numerous Third World Countries" has received permission from the City of Alhambra to paint address numbers on curbs in residential neighborhoods and to solicit donations for the service. According to the organization's website, curb painting is part of their fundraising efforts and they usually donate 20% or more of proceeds to a local charity.

 

The Alhambra Police Department advices that is the decision of each resident contacted by Care For The Children whether or not they donate any money and what amount they choose to donate, if any. Care For The Children expects curb painting to begin on or around March 1, 2012 and that it will take two months to cover the city.

 

If you have any questions, you may contact Robert Henderson, Executive Director of Care For the Children at (562) 980-6395 or Chris Paulson, Adminstrative Assistant, City of Alhambra, (626) 570-5011.

Independent journalism is a bedrock of democracy--and it's in crisis. Here at the Alhambra Source, we're committed to covering the local stories that matter most to you. We don’t have advertisers and we don’t have pay walls, but we do have bills. You read to the end of this story. That's great. But this kind of journalism will end without public support. Join us! Support the work and the democratic values it serves. Donate now!

The Alhambra Source encourages comment on our stories. However, we do not vet comments for accuracy or endorse links to posts in the comment section. The thoughts and opinions expressed belong solely to the author of the comment.

Leave a Reply

2 thoughts on “Care for the Children granted permission to paint Alhambra curb numbers”

  1. This group is only spending 20% of earnings on its charitable purpose? Where does the other 80% go? Charitynavigator.org rates charities and gives charities that spend 60% of their earnings on charitable purposes a grade of “C” and Care for the Children is only spending 20% … something just doesn’t seem right here!

  2. I didn’t want my curb painted, but responded too late.
    Since the painting I feel like I have been harrassed to pay.
    A man has come to my door three times in the last week to solicit for money. Please stop. It’s getting scary and I don’t want to have to call the police for it to stop.

Subscribe to our

Weekly Newsletter