LocationAlhambra , CA United States
The Center blends yearly traditions with modern tastes, festive art, exciting partnerships, and contemporary entertainment.
ARCADIA, Calif. (January 29, 2019)—Westfield Santa Anita, the premier shopping center in the San Gabriel Valley, is proud to be the place to celebrate Lunar New Year with the local community. The Center is excited to kick off and ring in the Year of the Pig with exciting events and art installations throughout January and February.
Westfield Santa Anita’s Lunar New Year public event, held on Saturday, February 2, from 3 pm – 6 pm, celebrates the “Year of the Pig” at the Center’s outdoor Promenade and will consist of a day full of festivities that put a modern twist on the Center’s annual event. The celebration includes a live concert of contemporary performances and entertainment, Lion dances, children’s crafts activities, stunning photo opportunities, as well as fantastic promotions and treats from the Center’s shops and restaurants. To RSVP, please register via the following link.
“Lunar New Year continues to be an important holiday for our Center to celebrate with the families in Arcadia and the greater San Gabriel Valley region,” said Ian Carter, General Manager of Westfield Santa Anita. “This year, we’re really excited to bring a fresh and modern take on the annual activities we offer to the community.”
Leading up to the grand community celebration, Westfield Santa Anita has placed a larger-than-life “flying piggy bank” statue designed and produced by artist David Flores in the center atrium. In the spirit of giving, the statue also serves as a donation box where shoppers can donate proceeds to the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF). First General Bank will match all donations to APCF as a gracious homage to the Lunar New Year season.
This year, Westfield Santa Anita is also partnering with several local organizations to bring new experiences to the Center. Joining the Asian Pacific Community Fund (APCF) and First General Bank, the Center is partnering with Young Art USA and the San Fernando Chinese School for children to decorate a wishing tree with red envelopes, located on the outdoor promenade. Westfield Santa Anita is also collaborating with the Chinese American Museum (CAM) to place additional art displays around the center.
On February 2, Westfield Santa Anita is distributing complimentary red envelopes at their registration table during the community event. They would also like to introduce this year’s Gift with Purchase promotion, running from
February 4-6, 2019:
– Receive a $100 Westfield Reward Card if you spend $1,000 or more
– Receive a $150 Westfield Reward Card if you spend $1,500 or more
– Receive a $200 Westfield Reward Card if you spend $2,000 or more
– For more information, please visit Westfield Concierge located on Level 2 by Center Court.
In addition, select retailers at Westfield Santa Anita are bringing the cultural celebration to their doorsteps with special Lunar New Year promotions on February 2.
– JINS is offering $8.00 and $18.00 off coupons inside Westfield’s red envelope, redeemable at the Westfield registration table during the community concert event.
– Macy’s is hosting a Cosmetic Department Gala with Smile Direct from 11 AM – 6PM. In addition, various brands within Macy’s are participating in Lunar New Year-related gift with purchase deals.
– Nordstrom is hosting several activities:
o 1-5 PM: Complimentary Chinese Calligraphy with a qualifying purchase of $50 or more (one per customer, per receipt, as time permits).
o 3:30 – 4:30 PM: Lion Dance in front of Nordstrom storefront
o Beauty Master Classes hosted by La Mer (11 AM – 12:30 PM), Lazlo (11 AM – 12:30 PM), Shiseido (1:30 PM – 3 PM), Chantecaille (4 PM – 5:30 PM), Estee Lauder (4 PM – 5:30 PM).
– Partywith is launching 2 Lunar New Year rooms, including a golden pig with gold envelopes and a Chinese red lantern rooms. On February 2, the retailer will be distributing red envelopes with redeemable coupons.
– Sugarfina unveils their new Lucky Pigs Lunar New Year Collection available for purchase.
– Sulwhasoo is finally joining the Nordstrom family at Westfield Santa Anita. As Asia’s top skincare brand with the #1 serum, the Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum is being released in a luxurious Lunar New Year limited edition version on February 7.
o Join Sulwhasoo at the Grand Opening Event at Nordstrom on 2/23 from 12-5pm to experience the magic of a traditional Sulwhasoo facial and application techniques. Please contact the Sulwhasoo counter at (626) 821-6363 Ext 1030 for more details.
– Uncle Tetsu is introducing a new flavor cheesecake, which will be unveiled on February 2. This special edition flavor will only be available at Uncle Tetsu’s Santa Anita store for a limited time (month of February only).
– Wing Hop Fung would like to say: “May the Lunar New Year bring you good health, joy, and time to celebrate with loved ones. Enjoy teas, Asian delicacies, wine and spirits from Wing Hop Fung for all your gifting and celebration needs.”
o Save up to 40% on select ginseng
o Save 20% on all loose tea
o Save up to $200 off on bird’s nest
# # #
IW Group Inc.
+1 (213) 476 – 5449
Page 3 of 2
About Westfield Santa Anita
Located directly off the 210 Freeway approximately seven miles from Pasadena, Westfield Santa Anita is the premier
retail destination for the San Gabriel Valley and such affluent neighborhoods as San Marino, Hastings Ranch and Sierra Madre. With the property’s outdoor “Promenade” district, visitors can choose from such outstanding brands as
Nordstrom, Coach, Sephora, H&M, Michael Kors and Zara. Santa Anita is the first in the Westfield portfolio to introduce such unique brands as JINS Sunglasses, Muji (a Japanese retail company selling a variety of household and consumer goods), and Maido (a Japanese retailer of stationery & gifts). Favorite dining options include the first U.S. location for Chinese sensation HaiDiLao Hot Pot, plus two award-winning restaurants from Asia—Dongpo and Din Tai Fung. In addition, the property’s popular Food Alley is a one-of-a-kind, stylishly designed foodie destination featuring Uncle Tetsu’s Cheesecake, Side Chick, Matcha Matcha, Tsurumaru Udon, Monkey Bar, EMC Seafood & Raw Bar, and The Backhouse. For more information, please visit: https://www.westfield.com/santaanita