LocationAlhambra , CA United States
Job Title: Alhambra Source Development Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Alhambra Source Advisory Board and Project Director
The Alhambra Source is an exciting trilingual digital news organization that reports on the diverse ethnic communities in Alhambra and the San Gabriel Valley. Alhambra Source seeks to reinvent local journalism and to serve a democratic ideal — to inform and promote civic engagement.
Since our launch in 2010 as a project of the University of Southern California Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, we have served as a quality news resource for nearly 10,000 Alhambra residents. We have won three awards from New America Media and have published an array of academic articles showing how the Alhambra Source is embedded in the social, political, and cultural life of the city and the San Gabriel Valley.
Now under the fiscal sponsorship of Community Partners, we seek to excel in our news endeavor, to extend our reach into the San Gabriel Valley, and to expand the numbers of engaged users of our news site. We intend to develop multiple revenue streams through underwriting, memberships, sponsorships, foundation grants, partnerships, and community educational events.
As a new position in the organization, the Alhambra Source (AS) Development Manager will have direct ownership and influence over how to build the development function, membership and sponsorships programs, and partnerships that lead to new revenue streams by:
- Building relationships with organizations and businesses in the San Gabriel Valley that lead to their commitment to be sponsors or underwriters of the AS operations
- Focusing on membership, sponsorships, donor, and partnership cultivation
- Manage processes associated with fundraising and communications, including but not limited to: funder communications, donor data recording and tracking, and funder acknowledgement.
- Collaborating with AS executive team and Advisory Board to structure and execute new development strategies as well as testing and promoting membership campaigns
- Other related duties pertaining to fundraising and program support
Desired skills and experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in development, preferably in the non-profit sector
- A data-driven and test-and-learn mindset
- Understanding of underwriting, media sponsorship and development strategies for media
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies for nonprofit organizations
- Proficient in cultivating and stewarding donors, benefactors, sponsors, and underwriters
- Understanding of web analytics
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in small, nimble teams, and ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM tools preferred
- Familiarity with San Gabriel Valley region preferred
- Bilingual capacity in English/Mandarin or English/Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
The salary for the Development Manager is $50,000 annually. This is a full-time position that is benefits eligible after one full calendar month of employment. Community Partners offers generous medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.